A Grainger's Worcester porcelain basket of pierced rectangular form with rustic twig handle the centre enamelled with a view of Witley Court and Great Witley Church within a gilt foliate and panelled border. Puce mark underneath and captioned to the underside 'Witley', c.1840. Witley Court, Worcestershire, originally the seat of the Earl of Dudley, was a vast mansion surrounded by formal gardens and spectacular fountains. Since a disastrous fire in 1937 the remains have been maintained by English Heritage.
Condition: Excellent. No cracks, chips, restoration and hardly any signs of wear.
Please fill in the information below